Assoc. Prof. Jacek Kołcz, MD, PhD,
Jagiellonian University in Krakow
- senior academic staff member, Department of Pediatric Cardiosurgery, Jagiellonian University, Krakow
- underwent courses in the field of cardiac surgery in Poland, USA, Germany, Italy and Canada;
- a consultant and a lecturer in the Department of Cardiac Surgery of Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany (2016),
- a pediatric surgery (2001) and a cardiac surgery (2006) specialist, European specialization in the field of cardio- and thoracic surgery (Vienna 2009);
- the winner of a prestigious award: Congenital Heart Surgery Investigator Award – Switzerland, Geneva, 2010.
- Georg August Universiy Göttingen, Germany; Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery (1994),
- University of Würzburg, Germany, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery (1995),
- General Surgery Rupecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany, Department of Surgery (1996).
- Advanced International Course Transplant Procurement & Management, University of Barcelona (1997).
- The Department of the Pediatric Heart Surgery of duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE, USA (2004),
- Developing the Academic Surgeon – a course by American Association for Thoracic Surgery, Toronto, Canada (2004)
- European School for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Bergamo, Italy (2008)
- Ipocrates International Course: Cardiovascular Intensive Care in Neonates and Children (2009),
- Courses: Pediatric Advanced Life Support as well as Advanced Circulatory Life Support, American Heart Association (2009),
- Certificate in advanced methods of statistical analysis in the field of biomedical sciences (2010),
- Internship at Harvard Medical School, Department of Cardiology of the Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA (2011),
- Certified lecturer of educational techniques (2011),
- Special Education certificate – Problem Based Learning (2012)
Member of scientific societies:
- Polish Cardiac Society,
- European Association for Cardio Thoracic Surgery,
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- Congenital Heart Surgery Investigator Award – Switzerland, Geneva, 2010.
- Award of prof. Z. Religa in cardiac surgery, Poland, Zabrze, 2011